An important key to long-term health and well-being is often lowering cholesterol levels. In fact, high cholesterol is one of the leading factors of heart disease, which is the number one killer of wo
An important key to long-term health and well-being is often lowering cholesterol levels. In fact, high cholesterol is one of the leading factors of heart disease, which is the number one killer of women and men in North America. Now, with Eat Well, Live Well with High Cholesterol: Low Cholesterol Recipes and Tips, everyone can make health-conscious changes to their diet without having to compromise gourmet taste.
The Eat Well, Live Well series provides information for people with special dietary needs.
- Each title includes an introduction written by a prominent dietitian that will help facilitate living with a specific condition and diet.
- Alongside the more than 100 easy and delicious recipes in each book are easy-to-follow tips about treating, diagnosing and ultimately living comfortably with the particular disorder.
- A list of common symptoms helps identify digestive troubles.
- There are also lists of foods that should be avoided and recommended foods that ensure a balanced diet is attained.
A nutrition table accompanies every recipe, ensuring that the body is provided with adequate fuel and nourishment. Each book contains sections on:
- Living with the disorder
- Light meals and sides, and
- Basics Main meals.
Ultimately, the goal of the Eat Well, Live Well series is to provide specially tailored recipes that are fast, fresh and appetizing, and suitable for everyday eating as well as special occasions. The recipes are designed to satisfy the whole family, eliminating the need to cook separate meals to cater to special dietary demands.
View Biographical note
Is an accredited practicing dietitian with more than 15 years of clinical and research experience in the field of nutrition. She has worked in a wide range of nutrition areas, providing advice to adults and children with special nutrition needs.