Fresh with Anna Olson EPUB
Seasonally Inspired Recipes to Share With Family and FriendsAuthor Anna Olson ISBN 9781770500778 Binding Epub Fixed Layout Publisher Whitecap Books Ltd. eBooks Publication Date February 27, 2011 Size 0 x 0 mm
Anna's kitchen changes with the seasons.
- In spring, you'll find fresh pea soup with mint simmering on the stove,
In summer, cherries are baked into golden pies,
In fall, roasted root vegetables are served with a warm vinaigrette, and
In winter, prime rib is cooked to perfection with mushrooms and pan juices.
An excursion to a local cheese maker, peach farm, or pumpkin patch is often all that's needed to inspire a memorable menu; each chapter begins with a description of Anna's own seasonal visits to food producers near her home.
The recipes are delectable, easy to prepare, and peppered with Anna's personal anecdotes. Anna also provides helpful tips and techniques to ensure that your time in the kitchen is not just successful, but fun, too.
Experience the seasons with Anna through recipes like:
- Goat Cheese Gnocchi with Sweet Pepper Coulis
- Corn and Shrimp Fritters with Cucumber Remoulade
- Summer Fruits with Icewine Sabayon
- Whole Roasted Pork Loin with Pears and Orange
- Swiss Chard with Pine Nuts and Pan-Roasted Garlic
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Pan-Roasted Trout with Leeks and Brown Butter
- Strawberry Meringue Tarts
Anna Olson is the host of “Fresh with Anna Olson” on Food Network Canada. She is the owner of Olson Foods & Bakery in the Niagara region of Southern Ontario and the bestselling author of In the Kitchen with Anna, Sugar and Another Cup of Sugar.